Southern California Vegetarians
Some Vegetarian Resources in the Los Angeles Area
- Southern California Vegetarians:- Vegetarian educational activities. Social and support activities (vegan potlucks, etc.) for vegetarians (and others interested in vegetarianism). 213-915-VEGE. Web site "http://SoCalVeg.org/" (includes listing of Veg Restaurants).
- OCPA:- Orange County People for Animals. 714-751-6272. "http://ocpausa.org/".
- Animal Acres:- A farm animal sanctuary in Acton. Provides opportunities for people to appreciate the barn's animals (feeding, petting, etc.). 661-269-0986. "http://animalacres.org".
- Animal Defense League:- Activism for non-human animals (protest / demonstration almost every weekend). "http://www.animaldefense.com/".
- VeggieDate (Actually national but good search engine makes it good as a local resource):- Online dating service. "http://www.veggiedate.org"
- Last Chance For Animals:- Activism for non-human animals. 310-271-6096. "http://lcanimal.org/"
- Vegetarians In Paradise:- For a big list of local vegetarian resources go to "http://www.vegparadise.com/".
- Living Light House:- Raw food dinners and lectures. 310-395-6337. "http://LivingLightHouse.com/"
- Veg Dining Club:- Vegetarian restaurant outings with featured speakers. 323-953-0543.
- Passion Fruits:- Vegetarian Gay and Lesbian group. 818-999-0852. Passion Fruits
- VEG-LA:- Email listserv for vegetarian activities in the Los Angeles area. Email "WASTE@WASTE.ORG" with "SUBSCRIBE VEG-LA in the body of your email message (for emails delivered individually) or "SUBSCRIBE VEG-LA-DIGEST" to receive each day's messages all at once.
- Gentle Barn:- A farm animal sanctuary in Santa Clarita. Provides opportunities for people to appreciate the barn's animals (feeding, petting, etc.). 661-252-2440. "http://gentlebarn.org".
Web site management - For Goodness